While it is shown as white on this page, 88–91% of visible light is transmitted through transparent clear glass depending on the thickness of material. Available laminated and tempered. Note: One Way Mirror or Transparent Mirror acts as a one-way mirror only when the light ratio is 10x greater on the viewed side.
54% of visible light is transmitted through bronze transparent glass. Available laminated and tempered.
14% of visible light is transmitted through Graylite® 14. Available laminated and tempered. Graylite 14 is also referred to as Black Glass
45% of visible light is transmitted through gray transparent glass. Available laminated and tempered.
SGG Diamant Glass
SGG Diamant shown on bottom, ordinary transparent glass on top. SGG Diamant is similar to Starphire by PPG, Optiwhite by Pilkington Glass and Krystal Klear by AGC
The photo illustrates both SGG Diamant and ordinary clear glass. The glass on the top is ordinary transparent glass. Note the green edge. The glass on bottom is SGG Diamant. Note the clearer edges as compared to the greener edges of regular glass.
- SGG Diamant transmits up to 92% of visible light, depending on thickness.
- SGG Diamant is a high quality clear float glass with exceptional clarity and high light transmission. Often called "low-iron" or "extra white" because it does not have the dark green tint characteristic of ordinary clear float glass when viewed from the edge.
- SGG Diamant can be used single- or double-glazed. Especially suitable in applications where high visual clarity and minimal color distortion is required such as display cabinets, shop fronts, in banks, or public buildings. SGG Diamant is also used in solar panels. Ideal in security glazing when thick laminated constructions are required.
- Exceptionally high light transmittance gives clear and undistorted vision and maximizes natural daylight. It minimizes the barrier between the interior and exterior environment and between items on display and the observer.
- Prevents color distortion.
- Optimizes solar gain in solar panels.
- Can be laminated to provide safety, security and added acoustic performanceas well as to stop fading of paintings, fabrics and furnishings by ultra-violet radiation.
- Can be tempered for safety performance and to improve physical and thermal strength.
- Can be curved to achieve exciting design effects.
- Can be incorporated in double-glazed units to provide multi-functional glazing including solar control, thermalinsulation, acoustic insulation, safety and security glazing.
SGG Diamant is a trademark of Saint - Gobain Glass
Safety Glass: All glass installed in a door, next to a door or adjacent to a door needs, by law, to be safety glass (tempered or laminated).
An investment in beautiful glass throughout your home can make a tremendous difference it its value.
Need more info?Contact us.
- Glass Entrance System
- Glass, Panic, Deadbolt and Electronic Egress Handles
- Overhead Glass Sliding and Bi-Fold Doors
- Transaction Hardware Products
- Windows: Sliding, Fixed and Bi-Fold
- Sidelite Rails System